Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Resistance Training

Those two little words.  I'm sore just thinking about it.

As much as I hate strength training, it made all the difference in my marathon training.  Now, I do NOT claim to be fast.  I'm not fast, so for me this wasn't about speed.  It was about comfort and not getting injured.  When I trained for half-marathons in the past it always killed my joints.  I'm talking serious knee and ankle pain.  However, doing resistance training twice a week while I was training for my marathon was great.  It really relieved a lot of pain in my joints and I felt so much better while I was running.

Because I had such success with it, I called up my trainer this week and have decided to start resistance training three days/week this spring.  Did I mention I asked for the 6 a.m. slot?  What is wrong with me?  So, starting Monday, I will be hitting the gym at 6 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Lord have mercy on my delusional soul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment